Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Introducing Girls Succeed!!

Today I am going to explain why I titled this blog Girls Succeed. I want to introduce you to the book of the same name, Girls Succeed: Stories Behind the Careers of Successful Women.


From 2003-2006 I spent summers working at a girls summer resident camp in Michigan,  Camp Newaygo. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with the campers and the counselors. So many smart, energetic girls with such wonderful futures ahead of them. I wondered in this new world of more career opportunities for women what choices would girls make. What plans do they dream for their future?

In 2006 I began the process of interviewing successful women about their careers and how their lives led to their decisions. I gathered all the interviews and put them together so girls can discover information about careers.

It has taken me this long to get it all together and to decide to publish the book as an interactive e-book, the technology which completes my vision as a way to deliver an interesting, worthwhile experience for the readers. After each interview there are links and resources for learning more about the woman and her career. So when the reader is connected to the internet, she can click on links for more information.

It is my hope the profiles with these savvy women will inspire and empower the girls to dream big dreams and to work hard to make their dreams come true.

Girls Succeed: Stories Behind the Careers of Successful Women will be released in October. Come back for more information as I step into this exciting new adventure in publishing. Grab your ticket and join me as I share this new beginning with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment