Friday, April 8, 2016

April is National Poetry Month, Video of Shel Silverstein's Poem--Sick, Share Your Poems

April is National Poetry Month. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the event. 

National Poetry Month Poster 2016
National Poetry Month 2016
Do you write poetry? I've gotten out of the habit of writing poems. When I was working, I kept thinking "why am I working here? I have the heart of a poet. I should be writing." Now I have the time to pen a poem, but I don't. So I'm using this event to nudge me back into poetry writing. And I can't wait.








One of my favorite poetry books is Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. Watch the video of his poem, Sick.


VIDEO courtesy of You Tube, video by Katie Hilerman
SICK, poem by Shel Silverstein


One of my favorite poets is Robert Frost. He wrote The Road Not Taken and Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

Do you have a favorite poetry book, author, or poem? Share it here in the comments or email me at jqrose02 at gmail dot com. If you write poetry, please add it in the comments area or email it to me so I can share it on the Girls Succeed blog. Thank you.

If you want to participate in the event this month, check out the National Poetry website and find the list of ways to celebrate here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment