Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day and the Rose Parade


This flag is made entirely of flowers and natural elements
because it is part of the RFD-TV float in the Rose Parade 2014.
The title of the float was You Make My Dreams Come True. I was in awe of the float, a huge masterpiece of color, texture, style, and imagination.



The United States Air Force Thunderbirds Flyover, a heart pounding tribute to our service men and women, roared off the start of the Rose Parade.

This morning my DH and I and my grandson attended a Fly-in at our small airport in our town. Pilots from all over the Midwest fly their small planes in for a pancake breakfast and a time to gather together for fun. Antique cars and planes as well an new experimental aviation projects added to the festivities. The opening ceremony included a flag raising and the Star Spangled Banner. It was an emotional experience bringing tears to my eyes when I saw Old Glory raised on the flag pole. 

Memorial Day is our way to  honor those who served in the military and to remember loved ones who have passed. Take a minute during this important holiday to appreciate them.

Have a safe and fantastic Memorial Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment