Sunday, December 10, 2017

Recipe: Puppy Chow Makes a Fun and Tasty Holiday Gift

Christmas candle ring
Photo by J.Q. Rose
Hello and Welcome! Today, besides writing my blog for you, I am in the midst of planning a Christmas gift for our neighbors. Not any huge gift like a TV or cookware. No. We just exchange cookies or handmade gifts. I'm having fun putting together some treats. In fact, I had so much fun making up Puppy Chow, I decided to share the recipe with you. 

First of all, Puppy Chow is NOT for puppies. No. It's actually Puppy Chow for People. Er, no wait, that's not quite right either. It's a treat for people, but named Puppy Chow because...Hm, you know I don't really know why they call it puppy chow.
My daughters, granddaughter, and me!
My daughters and I made it when they were kids and now they make it with their kids. (I should probably throw in that sometimes Puppy Chow is also called Baby Poop, and I don't know why that name is used either.)

Let me just give you the recipe, so you can make it. When you taste the sweetness and creamy flavor of peanut butter-chocolate,you won't care what the name is either.

Ingredients to make puppy chow for people
Puppy Chow for People

1 12 oz. box Crispix Cereal, Rice Chex, or Corn Chex
2 ½ - 3 cups of powdered sugar
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ c. margarine

 Melt peanut butter, margarine, and chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Heat for 30 seconds more.

Pour mixture over cereal in a large bowl. (This is the most difficult part of the recipe. Covering all the cereal with the thick chocolate is difficult. I gave up stirring it with a spoon. Instead I buttered my fingers and tossed it together. Be careful. It is hot. Later, a friend suggested wearing gloves and spray them with oil. Either way, I think the kids would have fun trying to mix it with their hands. Of course, watch out they don’t lick the sweet chocolate off their hands while stirring!! It is tempting.)

Put powdered sugar in a paper grocery bag and add cereal mix. Shake till well coated.

You may store in a tight container or plastic bag. 

Maybe you can make this treat and give it to your family and friends for Christmas. 

# # # #
Girls Succeed! Stories Behind the Careers of Successful Women
by J.Q.Rose
To inspire and empower girls
Click here to find out more about this non-fiction Ebook for girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment